[Users] Documentation: Storage Domain conversion from Data Domain to Export Domain

Bob Doolittle bob at doolittle.us.com
Tue Nov 26 18:22:07 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am having to recreate my engine, and want to recover my old VMs from
the previous Storage Master Data Domain.

A while back, Michael Ayers posted this recipe (the gmane reply feature
won't allow lines longer than 80 chars, even if they were from the original
post :(, so I apologize for the link ) :

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.ovirt.user/4428

Should this method still work? I have tried to recreate this with 3.3.1
and can't. I copied over the old Data Domain to a new directory, and
edited the dom_md/metadata file as follows:

http://pastebin.com/U4xJawR8

But when I try to import it, I get:

"Error while executing action: Cannot add Storage Connection.
Storage connection already exists."

and

"Failed to retrieve existing storage domain information."

Here's output from engine.log:

http://pastebin.com/NVdzLDXb

Any clues?

Thanks,