[Users] Documentation: Storage Domain conversion from Data Domain to Export Domain

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 21:25:52 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 10:11 PM, Bob Doolittle  wrote:

> On 11/26/2013 03:27 PM, Dafna Ron wrote:
>>
>> sql -U postgres engine -c 'select connection from
>> storage_server_connections;'
>

> I guess you mean psql. But I keep getting an authentication error. I don't
> see any obvious passwords in the postgresql.conf file, nor in my
> setup/install logs. Is there a hardcoded password somewhere?
>
> I've tried different users - admin, postgres, engine, and I've tried all of
> those with the admin password I specified during setup. No dice.

As a workaroud possibly:

- establish an ssh connection as root with the engine server

- switch to postgres user
[root at f18engine ~]# su - postgres

- connect to engine database
-bash-4.2$ psql engine
psql (9.2.5)
Type "help" for help.

- execute the query
engine=# select connection from storage_server_connections;
                  connection
 f18engine.mydomain:/var/lib/exports/iso
 f18ovn01.mydomain:gvdata
(2 rows)