[Users] backups

Juan Pablo Lorier jplorier at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 17:27:24 UTC 2013

Hi,

Just curious, is it really the porpoise of the snapshot to backup both
the vm and the application data? I think snapshot is appropriate to
backup the vm and the you should have your regular backup for the app,
as a database backup that can be done online. In this scenario you take
a backup of the vm when something changes (updates, new software,
configs, etc) and not all the time and do regular backups of the db as
it's the information that changes all the time.
I said this because I'm curious about the benefits of doing backups the
way it's been posted.
Regards,