[Users] [vdsm] [QE] oVirt 3.3.2 beta status

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Thu Nov 28 10:10:31 UTC 2013

[resent, accidentally took out the list]

On Nov 28, 2013, at 08:30 , Itamar Heim <iheim at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 11/27/2013 05:42 PM, Michal Skrivanek wrote:
>>> virt	1029885	cloud-init testcase does not work in engine 3.3.1
>> this is about current CentOS containing a quite dated version of cloud-init. There's little we can do except encourage people to build/use 0.7.2+
>> Awaiting reporter's feedback
>
> as rhel 6.5 GA'd and has these properly, shouldn't be an issue, and should be in CentOS 6.5 as well.

Yes, but this still leaves older guests without a solution. Maybe we should really push for virt-sysprep as it is much more mature in sense of legacy compatibility, nothing extra needed inside the guest. At least a simple passthrough of some basic stuff (we have only a basic stuff in cloud-init anyway).
It's slightly different approcha than cloud-init, but may be really worth it even long term...