[Users] [Spice-devel] Newbie: some questions on ovirt

Mario Giammarco mgiammarco at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 05:18:49 EDT 2013

Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at ...> writes:

> I'd make sure the QXL driver is installed in the Ubuntu guest, but I think
> Ubuntu being slow has already been mentioned, probably related to their 3d
> use for Unity. If there is a 2d fallback for Unity, I'd try this, or
> a different window manager.

Ok I explain better: ubuntu unity is incredibly slow and there is no way to
enable 2d fallback. So I tried lxde/xfce/openbox.
This alternative works but it is not fast expecially if I use eclipse. It
seems "laggy". I click on a tab and after some seconds the tab switches. Or
the window opens.

On window 7 there is no this lag, it seems as fast as a rdp session.
I have also tried full screen videos on windows7 and xfce linux and they
drop most frames but I suppose it is normal.