[Users] Recommended OS for stability and centralized NFS storage?

noc noc at nieuwland.nl
Wed Oct 16 05:54:30 EDT 2013

On 16-10-2013 2:14, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 10/14/2013 03:02 PM, Joop wrote:
>> Christian Hernandez wrote:
>>> I think you can just use the EL release for CentOS
>>> http://resources.ovirt.org/releases/3.3/rpm/EL/6/noarch/ovirt-release-el6-8-1.noarch.rpm
>>>

>>  From my notes: Install Centos-6.4 minimal
>> yum update
>> yum install
>> http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/x86_64/epel-release-6-8.noarch.rpm
>>
>> EPEL for python pkg oVirt
>> yum install
>> http://resources.ovirt.org/releases/ovirt-release-el.noarch.rpm
>> OVIRT repo
>> yum install http://elrepo.org/elrepo-release-6-5.el6.elrepo.noarch.rpm
>> KERNEL-ML/LT mainline and longterm  kernels for centos
>> for example yum install kernel-ml-3.8.10-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64
>> --enablerepo=elrepo-kernel
>>
>> Following only when using engine-setup
>>
>> yum install ovirt-engine-setup
>> yum install ovirt-engine-setup-plugin-allinone
>>>
>>> I would also follow the CentOS how to
>>> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/oVirt
>> Follow the notes from:
>> http://www.ovirt.org/Download
>> specifically about rhel/centos, is about the same as the above :-)
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Joop

> maybe wikify the above?
It is in the wiki. Only problem is some people used a other method and I
only showed that following the instructions at the Download page works
for me. Its a little more detailed and slightly adapted to our env but
in essence its:
install Centos (either minimal or full)
install epel repo
install ovirt repo