[Users] Resizing disks destroys contents

Martijn Grendelman martijn.grendelman at isaac.nl
Tue Oct 1 15:01:39 UTC 2013

Hi,

I just tried out another feature of oVirt and again, I am shocked by the
results.

I did the following:
- create new VM based on an earlier created template, with 20 GB disk
- Run the VM -> boots fine
- Shut down the VM
- Via Disks -> Edit -> Extend size by(GB) add 20 GB to the disk
- Run the VM

Result: no bootable device. Linux installation gone.

Just to be sure, I booted the VM with a gparted live iso, and gparted
reports the entire 40 GB as unallocated space.

Where's my data? What's wrong with my oVirt installation? What am I
doing wrong?

Regards,
Martijn.