[Users] iptables settings/scripts ovirt 3.3

Sven Kieske S.Kieske at mittwald.de
Tue Oct 1 15:11:24 UTC 2013

Yeah, we added our own rules with system-config-firewall-tui
but somehow ovirt-engine seems to override these custom set
values after some time, we couldn't find out until now what
keeps changing the iptables, there seems to be some kind of automatic
script called "vdsm bootstrap script" which does configure the firewall,
but we are not sure this is the reason why the iptables entries for
ports 80 and 443 keep vanishing.

So I'm asking for information what components of ovirt are capable
of changing iptables and in which way do these components do this?

Are these components started automatically in any way?

I couldn't find anything in the docs related to this, even not in the
RedHat docs regarding RHEV.

Kind Regards

Sven