[Users] How can I modify the vm template?

René Koch (ovido) r.koch at ovido.at
Tue Oct 1 15:15:44 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-10-01 at 17:09 +0200, Ernest Beinrohr wrote:
> Dňa 01.10.2013 17:07, hackxay wrote / napísal(a):
>
> > thank you!
> > I want to change something about template, for example, the
> > proagrams in the templates, and then, the vms has created from the
> > template will have synchronous change.
> >

> No, the template change will only affect new systems from the
> template.

That's right.

The workflow for this is:
- Adapt the master vm (the original vm you created the template from)
- Delete all vms which belong to this template
- Delete template
- Create new template
- Create new vms

If you use vm pools you have to detach vms and recreate pools as well...

Regards,
René