[Users] How can I modify the vm template?

René Koch (ovido) r.koch at ovido.at
Tue Oct 1 15:24:41 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-10-01 at 23:14 +0800, hackxay wrote:
> Does KVM not support it?

I'm not sure if KVM does support this, but I would say that this feature
can be very dangerous as you might not know what's the status of your vm
(e.g. someone installed new tools and you update a library in the
template and therefor also in the vm which could make some of these
tools unusable...).

If you want to change/update applications either a
configuration/software management solution like puppet, spacewalk,... or
an application streaming solution would be the better and safer choice.

Regards,
René