[Users] iptables settings/scripts ovirt 3.3

Mike Kolesnik mkolesni at redhat.com
Wed Oct 2 08:02:15 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> Hi,

Hi Sven,

> no, this is _no_ all in one installation, as was clearly stated in my
> first messsage.
> I do not try to run VMs on the management node.
>
> Maybe I should rearrange my question:
>
> What is the recommended way of adding additional iptables rules on the
> management node? We need to make sure our additional rules do not get
> overwritten by ovirt.

You stated initially that:
"The issue we are running into is, that some ovirt component
keeps resetting the iptables firewall configuration"

How do you know it's oVirt's fault?

>From what I know, the only this in oVirt that touches the firewall rules
on the management node is the installation script which you run initially.

> Can you just append rules to /etc/sysconfig/iptables
> or does this file get overwritten under any circumstances from this
> "vdsm bootstrap script" or any other ovirt related component?

The bootstrap is happening on a host that you add to the system,
it doesn't touch the firewall on the management node at all.

Regards,
Mike