[Users] iptables settings/scripts ovirt 3.3

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Wed Oct 2 08:02:35 UTC 2013

Hi,

----- Original Message -----

Sorry, could not understand that from your message.
Can you please provide the setup log? It's in
/var/log/ovirt-engine/setup.

> I do not try to run VMs on the management node.
>
> Maybe I should rearrange my question:
>
> What is the recommended way of adding additional iptables rules on the
> management node? We need to make sure our additional rules do not get
> overwritten by ovirt.

On the management node, iptables rules are changed only during setup,
if you choose so.

> Can you just append rules to /etc/sysconfig/iptables
> or does this file get overwritten under any circumstances from this
> "vdsm bootstrap script" or any other ovirt related component?

vdsm-bootstrap was deprecated in 3.2 and replaced with ovirt-host-deploy.
Both of them affect hypervisors, not the engine host.
--
Didi