[Users] Migrate existing guest (kvm/libvirtd) into ovirt environment

René Koch (ovido) r.koch at ovido.at
Thu Oct 3 14:11:36 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-10-03 at 16:06 +0200, lasse lindgren wrote:
> I have been trying to find any good examples about how that could be
> done.
>
> But no luck there.

Here's an example on how to import a vm named "test-solaris10" from a
KVM machine (kvm-server) to the export domain located on server
nfs-server:

$ virt-v2v -ic qemu+ssh://kvm-server/system -o rhev -os
nfs-server:/nfs/exports -of raw -oa sparse -n ovirtmgmt test-solaris10

man virt-v2v explains all the possible options...

> Is that a supported way?

Yes, it's the way how you should import vms...