[Users] Quota for VMs created from templates

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Fri Oct 4 15:00:04 UTC 2013

On 10/04/2013 03:14 PM, Mitja Mihelič wrote:
> In addition to the described setup:
> The user was also given a permission on the data center with the role
> VmCreator.
> The user is not listed as a consumer of TemplateQuota, but they have an
> inherited role VmCreator in the permissions tab.
> Could this permission be the reason the user can create and run VMs that
> are associated with TemplateQuota?

there is a difference between permission to run a VM, and permission to
a quota.

user A has a permission to consume a quota Q. user A assigns that quota
Q to resource R
user B has permission to run resource R. user B doesn't need a
permission to any quota.

i.e., permission to run is a relation between user and a resource.
permission to quota, is to associate a resource with a quota.