[Users] ovirt 3.3 and ilo2 for power fencing?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 20:58:41 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 10:46 PM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 03, 2013 at 06:00:23PM +0200, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 5:58 PM, Gianluca Cecchi  wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> > is this combination supported?
>> > I'm trying to configure Power Management, but I get this:
>> >
>> > Power Management test failed for Host f18ovn03.Parse error: Ignoring
>> > unknown option 'option=status' Unable to connect/login to fencing
>> > device
>
> That's odd. "status" is indeed not an ilo option, it's an action.
> Do you have anything filled in the "Options" field of the host's power
> management dialog?
> Could you copy the thread starting with "fenceNode" from your vdsm.log?

I don't find that string... neither in f18ovn03 (where I configured
fencing and clicked the test button) nor in f18ovn01 (the node that
oVirt should have used to test fencing I suppose)

>> > What would be correct setup?
>> > Any way to test from command line too?
>> >
>> > The hw is an HP blade BL685 g1 with iLO2 mgmt
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance.
>> >
>> > Gianluca
>>
>> I forgot an important thing.
>> I configured from webgui and the test succeeded, bu actually the blade
>> was put in power off, not reboot
>
> When was the host powered off? during test, or when there has been a
> need for fencing?
>
> Dan.

Starting point was f18ovn03 and f18ovn01 configured without power mgmt
I went into edit f18ovn03 and configured power mgmt.
After click "test", after several seconds returned successful in the
power mgmt window.
But when I clicked "ok" button to save, then I saw the error in events
tray of the gui.
And the host in "reboot" state in the Gui with hourglass: is this
expectd behaviour when you configure power mgmt for a host that it is
rebooted?
The host remained in "reboot" state with hourglass so I went to see
the iLO console.
And I saw that the server was in power off state.
I waited a little but nothing happened.
I noticed that if I powered on the server, after a few seconds it was
powered off again.... I presume by oVirt...

Gianluca