[Users] Gluster network info

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Fri Oct 4 10:01:19 UTC 2013

On 10/03/2013 09:27 PM, Livnat Peer wrote:

>>> Bala, is there a means to select, for each node, which IP address is to
>>> be used for replication? AFAICT we use the host fqdn, which most
>>> probably resolves to the ovirtmgmt device.
>>   what is "replication verb in the UI"? Inside UI when I click "create
>> volume" and then "add Bricks" buttons I can only select "Server" that
>> in my case is a drop down menu containing only ip addresses of my 2
>> hypervisors....
>>
>> Or simply do you mean development steps to integrate this missing
>> functionality in oVirt with steps 1. and 2.?
> I am probably missing some background around Gluster, could you share
> what triggers the gluster replication?
[Adding Amar from gluster team]

There's no user interface way to trigger replication.
Gianluca, I assume you do not mean geo-replication but replication of
files when volume is of replicated type.

Currently, we do not have a way to specify the network to be used when
gluster communicates with peers.
Like Joop mentioned in a separate mail, if you use FQDN to add host to
the engine, and  FQDN resolves differently for internal and external
communication, gluster would then use the internal network for its
communication

thanks
sahina