[Users] Gluster network info

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 10:10:49 UTC 2013

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 12:01 PM, Sahina Bose wrote:

> There's no user interface way to trigger replication.
> Gianluca, I assume you do not mean geo-replication but replication of files
> when volume is of replicated type.

YesSahina, I mean replication of files when volume is of replicated type
(in my case distributed replicated)

> Currently, we do not have a way to specify the network to be used when
> gluster communicates with peers.
> Like Joop mentioned in a separate mail, if you use FQDN to add host to the
> engine, and  FQDN resolves differently for internal and external
> communication, gluster would then use the internal network for its
> communication

OK, eventuallt I'm going to try this way.
Do you think it would work if without dns at all for a test
environment I set up this way

mgmt lan 192.x
gluster network 10.x

server hostnames involved
engine
node01
node02

In /etc/hosts of engine

192.xxx engine
192.yyy node01
192.zzz node02

In /etc/hosts of nodes
192.xxx engine
10.yyy node01
10.zzz node02

and accordingly in sysconfig files of nodes for their hostnames/ip bindng

And when I preconfigure gluster on nodes I use on node01 the command
gluster peer probe node02

Gianluca