[Users] Understanding Console Options

Haoyang Haven Liu haven.liu at ucla.edu
Fri Oct 4 15:09:48 UTC 2013

I can appreciate the .vv file for certain platforms in which virt-viewer provides additional benefits, but my point was I (and I suspect at least some other) use existing VNC clients in Mac/Windows/Linux, and perhaps don't want to use virt-viewer. In those cases, that the  "download .vv file method" is more needlessly cumbersome as compared to the "popup with host/port/password" method, whether it involves writing a wrapper, or just open the downloaded text file.

As I said, perhaps instead of the two console options scheme currently, it should be a three console option scheme with "VNC", "virt-viewer", "SPICE", because the "download .vv file method" is not at all (generic) VNC clients friendly.