[Users] ovirt-node post-reboot no persistent networks config .. !!! urgent update req for POC coming weekend

Fabian Deutsch fabiand at redhat.com
Fri Oct 4 20:09:46 UTC 2013

Am Donnerstag, den 03.10.2013, 00:07 +0800 schrieb Anil Dhingra:

> Hey Fabian
>
> Thanks you so much .. abv mentioned iso draft for el6 works like a
> charm config is persistent now ..only issue I faced is after
> configuring first interface "eth0"  when it starts VDSM & other
> service it hangs at <close> & hard reboot
> was required but after that no issue tried multiple reboots different
> n/w configs ..looks perfect.

I never noticed this, but I'll keep an eye open and see if it happens
regularly.

> just wanted to ask some n/w related q to clear my doubts .. may be its
> not a right group to ask such question
>
> Please find attached image for below
> 1- ovirt-node creates Bridged network only when "vm network" option is
> selected ... ? correct me if I am wrong
> 2- is it recommended or best practice to select ovirtmgmt  for VM
> n/w ? so that it make a Bridged n/w
> 3- for Migration/Display network whats the best practice do we need to
> create manual bridge setup ?

Sorry, I actually can't help you with this. But maybe somemone more
familiar with Engines UI can help here.

> Thanks again for prompt response really appreciate yours help ..

I'm glad that it solved the issue - and I must admit that I wasn't
really aware that custom ifcfg configs were used.

Greetings and a nice weekend
fabian