[Users] Adding ISO storage, post engine install - is it possible?

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Sat Oct 5 17:55:16 UTC 2013

On 10/04/2013 09:50 PM, platformagnostic wrote:
> I've set up the oVirt engine, v. 3.3.0-4.el6, on a CentOS 6.4 system.  I was
> hoping to use an existing ISO repository on my network, that's NFS-shared
> for other hypervisors (Xen, ESX), but it doesn't look like oVirt is designed
> to support that.  That's not too much of an obstacle, I can recreate the ISO
> store on my oVirt engine.
>
> However, I didn't create an ISO storage domain during the engine setup
> sequence.  I don't really see a way to do this now.
>
> I've tried using the "Import Domain" feature in the engine web admin, but
> that tells me "Failed to retrieve existing storage domain information."
>
> I've tried using the "New Domain" with ISO/NFS settings, but when I click
> "OK", nothing happens.  No errors, the New Domain window stays in place, no
> visible changes.
>
> Any suggestions on adding an ISO storage domain, after the initial oVirt
> install?

you can't create it on the engine as the installer does.
you can create it using any host in the system.
you can re-use an iso domain shared with other systems, as long as you
create an iso storage domain via ovirt, then place/link the iso's from
the 1111... folder with permissions/ownership ovirt expects.

import domain will work for any iso domain in ovirt format, not for a
plain folder.