[Users] What should be the default for adding network from specific Cluster

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 6 07:48:42 UTC 2013

Lior Vernia wrote:
> The upside is that we'd keep consistency with "the context" (i.e.
> operation as part of specific cluster). The downside would be that users
> might not always aware of "the context" and thus might be confused by
> the different behavior of the seemingly same dialog.
>
> On 06/10/13 08:46, Genadi Chereshnya wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We would like to consult community about adding the Network from Cluster tab.
>> In 3.3 we can add Network from the DataCenter tab and then that network will be attached to all Clusters of that DataCenter.
>> When adding network from specific Cluster the default behavior today is to attach that network to all the Clusters under the same DataCenter as well.
>> We think that the right behavior should be add that network by default only to the Cluster from which we add that Network from.
>> Any feedback will be appreciated.
>> Thanks,
>>    Genadi

I think this context sensitivity is already used when creating a new VM.
If the datacenter is selected then you can choose which cluster the VM
should be in but if the cluster is selected you don't have that choice.
To that is logical but a big RED TIP in the manual might make things
much clearer :-)
So find out what is used more often and confirm to that or go for the
context.

Joop