[Users] ovirt-node post-reboot no persistent networks config .. !!! urgent update req for POC coming weekend

Moti Asayag masayag at redhat.com
Sun Oct 6 11:48:25 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

The engine directs vdsm how to create the network on the host. If the logical
network definition is 'vm network', the network will be created as a bridge which
is the current vm network implementation.

> 2- is it recommended or best practice to select ovirtmgmt for VM n/w ? so
> that it make a Bridged n/w

It depends on you h/w capabilities. If you have a single nic per host, it would
be better defining it as a non-vm network, so you will be able to attach additional
tagged networks to that nic, so you can support multiple private networks (you'll have
to specify a specific vlan-id for each additional network).

If you have multiple nics, it would be better to define the ovirtmgmt as a non-vm network,
and not use it as a migration network. (traffic considerations).

> 3- for Migration/Display network whats the best practice do we need to create
> manual bridge setup ?

There is no need for that. You must have a network with IP configured and obtained by the
engine (on the host nics sub-tab you should see the engine reports the ip of the network
you wish to use as a display network and/or a migration network).