[Users] CentOS or Fedora?

Rickard Kristiansson rickard at sanuksystems.com
Sun Oct 6 13:25:16 UTC 2013

Hi,

We have been testing oVirt since 3.2.1, and have now upgraded the engine to 3.3 with the aim to use it in production for about 50 VMs currently running on 7 standalone CentOS 6.4 KVM hypervisors.
We would prefer to use native GlusterFS integration, but I understand that CentOS 6.4 doesn't have the necessary library versions.
Would it make sense to reinstall the hypervisors to oVirt nodes on Fedora19, or should we wait for CentOS 6.5?
I'm not sure it feels very safe to use Fedora in production, even though it's the 'native' oVirt distribution..?
I'm also not sure if Dell OpenManage is supported on Fedora, as this would be required for connecting the hypervisors/nodes into our common surveillance system.
Maybe someone would say that we should use RHEV instead, but since we have managed with CentOS without vendor support on this particular service until now, I think we would be very comfortable with oVirt and the great support provided by the community.

Anyone else having similar thoughts..?

Regards
Rickard