[Users] Customizing node configuration

Sven Kieske S.Kieske at mittwald.de
Mon Oct 7 15:55:01 UTC 2013

Hi,

thanks again for the answer, we were able to install ovirt-node onto
centos 6.4 minimal successfully!

On 07.10.2013 11:07, Itamar Heim wrote:
> yes.
> ovirt supports both the "slimmed down" ovirt-node, or full blown hosts.
>

> it will always install latest versions it finds in the repos. they
> should all be backward compatible.
>
>> We have some problems with 3.0.1 compute nodes and 3.2 management
>> nodes but the node-iso 2.6.1 runs well.

I just wanted to add some information on the problems we ran into
when we tried management version 3.2 with ovirt-node 3.0.1:

We were able to register the computenode, but when we tried to deploy
a new vm, which was CentOS based we got the following error:

Unsupported OS-Version Supported machines are:
pc         RHEL 6.2.0 PC (alias of rhel6.2.0)
rhel6.2.0  RHEL 6.2.0 PC (default)
rhel6.1.0  RHEL 6.1.0 PC
rhel6.0.0  RHEL 6.0.0 PC
rhel5.5.0  RHEL 5.5.0 PC
rhel5.4.4  RHEL 5.4.4 PC
rhel5.4.0  RHEL 5.4.0 PC

Maybe you can shed some light on this?
Unfortunately I can't provide any logs from the host side as these got
replaced with ovirt node 2.6.1, but I can dig into the management-logs
if you need additional information.

Thanks
Sven