[Users] Running Gluster on hypervisor nodes

Vincent Van der Kussen vincent at vanderkussen.org
Tue Oct 8 21:01:00 UTC 2013

Hi,

We are currently exeprimenting with running Gluster on the hypervisor
nodes. To test
this we have 2 machines running as hypervisor nodes with each a replicated
Gluster Volume.

We created a VM and stored the disks on the Gluster volume and this works
quite well.
However, there's one thing that doesn't seem to work or might not be
supported.

When we put one of the 2 nodes that holds the SPM role in maintenance, the
VM is
successfully migrated, but the SPM role is not migrated to the remaining
active hypervisor.
As a result, the Data Center goes into "Down" state.

Other than that the VM keeps working.

Our question is. Can this be done?

--
Vincent Van der Kussen