[Users] [libvirt] Migration issues with ovirt 3.3

Jiri Denemark jdenemar at redhat.com
Thu Oct 10 06:40:29 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 16:18:25 +0100, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 04:52:20PM +0200, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:

> > > Is that port really taken (`ss -ntp` should tell by whom)?
> >
> > yeah !
> > It seems gluster uses it on both sides
>
> Since libvirt has been using this port range first, would you open a
> bug on gluster to avoid it?
>
> Dan. (prays that Vdsm is not expected to edit libvirt's migration port
> range on installation)

If it makes you feel better, you can't even do that :-) Unfortunately,
the port range used for migration is hard-coded in libvirt. And since we
don't use port allocator yet (patches are in progress), we don't
automatically avoid ports that are already taken. All this is going to
change, though.

Jirka