[Users] Attaching a storage domain

Dafna Ron dron at redhat.com
Fri Oct 11 09:46:43 UTC 2013

yeah, data domain cannot be removed while having objects on it.

what you can do is this:

1. if you want to be able to move vms from one setup to another you need
to use the Export domain.
You can back up your vms on that and attach and detach it from different
setups (but it can only be attached on one Data Center at a time to
avoid corruption from two different users exporting the same vm or
writing to the same spot).
2. I am not sure that you can run a vm created in 3.3 DC/cluster level
to 3.1, or at lease run it with no issues at all because of version
changes made. but worth to try and report any issues :)

Dafna

--
Dafna Ron