[Users] Attaching a storage domain

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Fri Oct 11 13:37:47 UTC 2013

Le 11/10/2013 13:55, Itamar Heim a écrit :
> also review this thread
> http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2013-October/016725.html

Thank you Itamar.

In this helpful thread, I read :

> for 3.3, there a few options (the first one is the cleanest)
> 1. "save the export part"
> - stop using the domain in 3.1
> - change its meta data to that of an export domain
> - import it as an existing export domain to 3.3
> - import the VMs

I don't even know how to do the first line "stop using the domain" :
- I have stopped the VM that has a disk on this domain
- I have put it into maintenance mode
- I can't detach it from the data center, as said before, because it
sees there are still some VM on it.

All this is in a iSCSI context.

When I pass this first step, I'll have to guess how to "change the meta
data"...

--
Nicolas Ecarnot