[Users] Proposal for a fresh look and feel for Ovirt

Alissa Bonas abonas at redhat.com
Tue Oct 15 08:15:29 UTC 2013

Hi Malini,

Really nice :)

Few comments:
1. The tabs now don't look like tabs, and IMHO it's confusing. It now looks just like text - is it a button? a tab? another screen. I think it's not clear. It is also less clear in the sub tabs section as well.
2. How about making the tabs area Data Centers/Storage/Hosts... text in bold?
Because the buttons under them look more vivid and the tabs area looks pale.
3. Having the same "X" icon in "Remove" and "Cancel migration" options is confusing. Especially when they are in the same menu.
4. Something that was present in the previous UI as well, but perhaps can be improved - the Events option.
There are 3 "Events" buttons/menu in the same screen. Either they represent different events options (different context, for example) - and they should be named and placed accordingly, or maybe the number of "events" occurences can be reduced in the UI?
5. The colors of the new look and feel - maybe try a different green? The blue seems to have a lighter shade than green, so perhaps somehow make them more unified?