[Users] [3.2-el6] corrupted disk after snapshot removal

Yuriy Demchenko demchenko.ya at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 11:58:37 UTC 2013

Hi,

I've run into some disturbing situation recently with my production
ovirt-3.2-el6.
Planned an upgrade for one of my vm's app, so i've took live snapshot,
did application upgrade. Upgrade went fine, so I had no need in taken
snapshot - I've shutdown vm and deleted snapshot via admin interface.
When task was completed (took about 40mins) I've tried to start vm - but
its OS didnt start - "no boot disk found". Disks tab in admin interface
shows 'actual size' = 1Gb, fdisk from livecd shows no partitions at all.
It seems snapshot removal somehow corrupted vms disk.
What went wrong and how to avoid this in future? logs in attach

ovirt-engine.noarch     3.2.2-1.1.el6
vdsm.x86_64           4.10.3-16.el6
Storage domain type is FC

--