[Users] Unable to log on with expired passord

Sigbjorn Lie sigbjorn at nixtra.com
Tue Oct 15 14:31:00 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am doing a POC of RHEV 3.2 VDI for a customer. Their users are located in an IPA server, and
RHEV and IPA has been connected using rhevm-manage-domains.

During the POC we discovered that users which have expired password cannot log on. They receive an
Incorrect password error message.

1. They should at least receive a Your password has expired error instead of the Incorrect
password error message as this is confusing for the user.

2. This creates a problem, as every time a password is reset in IPA, it's automatically set to be
expired so the user will change password at next logon.

Is there a way around this?

I would like to see the user being able to log on the User Portal with the expired password, and
then he will be asked to change his password as usual once he's logging into his Linux VDI
machine.

Regards,
Siggi