[Users] Guest to guest multicast

Frank Wall fw at moov.de
Wed Oct 16 11:29:55 UTC 2013

Hi Yedidyah,

On 17.09.2013 09:32, Yedidyah Bar David wrote:
>> What is required to enable guest-to-guest multicast communication
>> on an oVirt node?
>
> Are they on the same virtual network/bridge?
> Did you check iptables? You can add a rule to log such things and
> see if it was iptables that blocked it (or something else). Check
> both host and VMs.

yes, both guest interfaces are on the same virtual bridge:

mytestlan	8000.8000.000000000111	no		dummy_3
							vnet11
							vnet13

On the host side iptables is configured to log rejected packets:

-A INPUT -j LOG -m limit --limit 2/min --log-prefix "REJECT: "
--log-level 4

But I've never seen any log message related to multicast traffic
while debugging this issue.

Thanks
- Frank