[Users] Guest to guest multicast

Karli Sjöberg Karli.Sjoberg at slu.se
Fri Oct 18 05:26:36 UTC 2013

fre 2013-10-18 klockan 05:12 +0000 skrev Karli Sjöberg:
tor 2013-10-17 klockan 13:12 +0200 skrev Frank Wall:

Hi Moti,

On 17.10.2013 08:04, Moti Asayag wrote:
> I used iperf for testing multicast between the vms. See
> http://iperf.fr/#multicast
> for the exact commands.

thanks, I did a quick test with iperf with a good result (445 out of 446
datagrams could be received). But still pfSense/FreeBSD CARP/uCARP does
not work, it seems to be filtered on the oVirt/KVM Host. Have you ever
heard of this? Any idea?

Didn´t think of it first but I´ve actually set up VM's as "cluster" with CARP and FreeBSD, and it worked flawlessly for me (TM). I´m running oVirt-3.2, if that is of interest.

Hmm, come to think of it, those VM's were created back in 3.1 for a specific test and I haven´t run them since, so if I wanted to run them again, I would also likely have to change that spoofing setting. Sorry for the noise.

Thanks
- Frank

Med Vänliga Hälsningar
Karli Sjöberg
Box 7079 (Visiting Address Kronåsvägen 8)
S-750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
Phone:  +46-(0)18-67 15 66
karli.sjoberg at slu.se<mailto:karli.sjoberg at adm.slu.se>