[Users] [BUG] vdsm-hooks-qos

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Fri Oct 25 13:38:50 UTC 2013

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 10:12:58AM +0000, Sven Kieske wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please keep in mind to provide a sane upgrade path for the people
> using vdsm-hook-qos if you deprecate it, thanks!
>
> Am 24.10.2013 17:24, schrieb Doron Fediuck:
> > Dan,
> > Is there a way to deprecate this starting 3.3.2 as we have an integrated solution?

Well, the hook has some benefits over NIC profiles (you can tweak any
parameter of any vnic with no global definitions), so I am guessing that
some would like to keep using it.

I suppose that we should link to http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Vnic_Profiles
from the hook readme, so that people would think twice before starting
to use the hook.

Dan.