[Users] Dell EqualLogic and Ovirt

Martin Goldstone m.j.goldstone at keele.ac.uk
Fri Oct 25 21:25:32 UTC 2013

Hi Dan,

I'm a colleague of Gary's, we've been working on this project together.

We've not had it working with the Dell HIT thus far. The python scripts in
VDSM that handle the iSCSI connections use iscsiadm to discover and login
to sessions so more extensive modifications would be needed to use ehcmcli
instead, and oVirt uses the normal device mapper devices under /dev/mapper,
whereas the HIT puts devices under /dev/eql and handles multipathing in
it's own way it seems.  We've not tried extending it to work with the HIT
tools and devices partly because we wanted to keep the iSCSI side of things
here as close to standard as possible, and not have to treat the EqualLogic
stuff as too much of a special case.

Thanks,
Martin

On 25 October 2013 21:15, Dan Yasny <dyasny at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just out of interest, have you tried this with the Dell hitkit?
>

> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 1:46 PM, Joop <jvdwege at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
>> Hello Gary,
>>
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I just thought I'd send a quick message to say Hi and to see if anyone
>>> on here is using Ovirt with Dell EqualLogic as the back-end storage.
>>> If anyone is having difficulty getting up and running this may be
>>> helpful:
>>>
>>> https://sites.google.com/a/**keele.ac.uk/partlycloudy/**ovirt/**
>>> gettingovirttoworkwithdellequa**llogic<https://sites.google.com/a/keele.ac.uk/partlycloudy/ovirt/gettingovirttoworkwithdellequallogic>
>>>

>> Well, I'm, or better, we'are :-)
>> Will have a look at your link and let you know if I can get it working.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Joop

Martin Goldstone
IT Systems Administrator - Finance & IT
Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire, United Kingdom, ST5 5BG
Telephone: +44 1782 734457
G+: http://gplus.to/mjgkeele