[Users] Windows 2008 R2 Guest - Cannot load drivers

Edgars M. edgars.mazurs at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 12:48:41 UTC 2013

Hi all

I am trying to install Windows 2008 R2 x64 as guest OS. Installation
requires some additional drivers to be loaded. I suppose these are
virtio-win drivers. I downloaded latest virtio-win drivers, mountet iso
when it was required. I chose drivers under WIN8, but every time I load
those drivers, Windows crashes with BSoD. I tried to configure guest VM
with IDE disk, but then it still requires additional drivers.

So I am not sure anymore what drivers Windows is missing and how to add
them.

Edgars