[Users] Windows 2008 R2 Guest - Cannot load drivers

noc noc at nieuwland.nl
Mon Oct 28 20:21:39 UTC 2013

On 28-10-2013 15:47, Edgars M. wrote:
> Tried to do the same with Windows 2008 x64, and still no luck...
I have just wiped my W2008R2 VM :-) and tried re-installing it. I might
have a clue what the problem is. Let me explain what my steps are:
- create a VM, setting the guest Operating System to Windows 2008 R2
- attach the win2k8r2.iso to it
- start it
- let the installer commence until it complains about the drivers
- Change CD in the webui to virtio-win-0.1-65.iso
- Follow the onscreen instructions and browse to (D:)\WIN7\AMD64
- Select all drivers (makes it easier later on)
- Now you'll get your window back asking where to install Windows AND  a
yellow triangular stating: Windows cannot be installed to this disk
This is a fake error. What it means is that it can't find its windows
install media.
- Change CD in the webui to win2k8r2.iso
- Press Refresh in the Windows installer dialog to make Next active and
select your disk and install Windows

Regards,

Joop