[Users] oVirt translations on Transifex

Isaac Rooskov irooskov at redhat.com
Tue Oct 29 03:13:31 UTC 2013

Hey all,

Isaac Rooskov here (Zanata Product Manager).

For what it's worth, recently some Fedora projects have been moving from Transifex to Zanata - and the whole JBoss community utilizes Zanata.

It is true that there are some features Transifex has that Zanata currently doesn't, however Zanata does have some great features: CopyTrans and Translation Merge that utilizes already translated content and if there are 100% matches to the new source, it reuses them. We also allow for comments to be left on translations - enabling translators and maintainers to easily discuss specific strings.

Another great attribute of Zanata is that it is 100% OpenSource, free and you can even download the Zanata server and setup your own instance (if you didn't wish to use the current Zanata community instance).

Any questions you might have, please feel free to ask myself or Carlos (Engineering Supervisor for Zanata).

Thanks,

Isaac