[Users] ovirt-guest-agent issue/troubleshooting

Vinzenz Feenstra vfeenstr at redhat.com
Tue Oct 29 13:48:02 UTC 2013

On 10/29/2013 02:37 PM, Karli Sjöberg wrote:
> tis 2013-10-29 klockan 14:30 +0100 skrev René Koch (ovido):

>> > This has happened for me in the past and putting the Host in
>> > maintenance and then restarting the vdsmd solved it.
>> >
>> > /Karli
>>

>> Thanks a lot Karli - restarting vdsmd did the trick!
>
> Well, even a broken clock can be right. Even twice a day:)
>
> @developers
> Is this something you have noticed as well? I mean, that sometimes
> vdsmd needs this manual kick? Where do you start debugging when this
> issue occurs, restarting the daemon once in a while is just the
> quickfix, I´d like to solve it once and for all.
Yeah there have been applied multiple fixes in that regard already.

https://github.com/oVirt/vdsm/commit/5b5c58580e20ffaf3ceff7193f4c28cbadd8c42f
and
https://github.com/oVirt/vdsm/commit/26bfc74765aed35af6d17cfad1ed8115eef650f1

So it looks like that both of you are using oVirt 3.1, which contains
neither of those two fixes. AFAIK only the first one is in oVirt 3.2 and
the second one is in oVirt 3.3

Unfortunately not much I can recommend besides to upgrade at some point. :-(

>> > --
>> >
>> > Med Vänliga Hälsningar
>> > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> > Karli Sjöberg
>> > Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
>> > Box 7079 (Visiting Address Kronåsvägen 8)
>> > S-750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
>> > Phone:  +46-(0)18-67 15 66
>> >karli.sjoberg at slu.se  <mailto:karli.sjoberg at slu.se>
>>

> --
>
> Med Vänliga Hälsningar
> Karli Sjöberg
> Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
> Box 7079 (Visiting Address Kronåsvägen 8)
> S-750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
> Phone:  +46-(0)18-67 15 66
> karli.sjoberg at slu.se <mailto:karli.sjoberg at adm.slu.se>

Regards,

Vinzenz Feenstra | Senior Software Engineer
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D
Phone: +420 532 294 625
IRC: vfeenstr or evilissimo

See how it works at redhat.com