[Users] oVirt Updates - Special KVM Forum/oVirt edition

René Koch (ovido) r.koch at ovido.at
Wed Oct 30 14:34:17 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-10-30 at 13:33 +0100, Vinzenz Feenstra wrote:

> >> I can help creating packages for SLES and openSUSE on build.opensuse.org
> >> for latest guest agent without SSO (and of course test the packages) or
> >> is Vinzenz Feenstra already working on it as I saw he pushed the sources
> >> to OBS?
> >>

> > I'm sure Vinzenz will appreciate help with this one - so many things
> > to do...
> Packages are now available for openSUSE 12.3, 13.1 and Factory, and SLES
> 11 SP3
> I also updated a packaged version of python-ethtool to 0.7 in that
> repository. So that we have the full support of the features it provides.

I just tested your guest agent packages on openSUSE 12.3 x86_64 - SLES
11 will follow...

Everything works fine except application listing, as the packages have
different names on openSUSE:

Here's my application_list for openSUSE 12.3:

# openSUSE Packages:    kernel-desktop ovirt-guest-agent-common
xf86-video-qxl
applications_list = kernel ovirt-guest-agent xorg-x11-drv-qxl
linux-image xserver-xorg-video-qxl kernel-desktop
ovirt-guest-agent-common xf86-video-qxl

I tested these features and they are working fine:
- shutdown guest
- display memory
- display ip address (both ipv4 and ipv6)
- display applications

Great job!

Regards,
René