[Users] ovirt-guest-agent issue/troubleshooting

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Wed Oct 30 16:30:36 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 02:02:22PM +0000, Karli Sjöberg wrote:

> > >That´s good to know, thanks! And you are completely confident that there
> > >is proper backwards compatibility? Has anyone tested?
> >
> > vdsm is supposed to always keep backward compatibility. i think one
> > issue was found in 3.3 around live migration in a 3.2 cluster (i.e.,
> > mixed versions of 3.2 vdsm and 3.3 vdsm)
> > danken - was this fixed in 3.3.1 vdsm?
>
> There has been a breakage of migration between master and ovirt-3.3.0.
> Fixing it was my gating issue for the ovirt-3.3 rebase, and that's done
> for a couple of weeks.
>
> I've tested 3.3.0<->3.3.1 migration then, and I am not aware of any
> more recent problem. (However, when it comes to migration, I'm sure a
> bug or two are lurking somewhere....)

I forgot to sacrifice the correct goat to the gods, and within minutes
after sending this, I've become aware to two 3.3.1 issue:

One affecting gluster users
    Bug 1022961 - Running a VM from a gluster domain uses mount instead
    of gluster URI

and the other - upgrade from ovirt 3.0
    Bug 1022975 - [vdsm] storage domain upgrade fails with
    attributeError