[Users] oVirt quality team proposal

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Thu Oct 31 15:56:55 UTC 2013

Hi Sandro,

On 10/31/2013 01:54 PM, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> I would like to propose to the community to join creating a group for testing oVirt
> releases and oVirt bug fixes. I suggest to create a ovirt-qe mailing list and set
> that as default QE assignee for oVirt bugs.
> The list may be used for coordinating testing efforts, to be notified about new ovirt bugs,
> to plan test days, propose test cases, discussing about jenkins jobs implementation and so on.
> Forming just a small group of people testing milestones release will also help in having better release testing.
> What do you think about this?

I think it's an awesome idea! I imagine the main activities of the group
will be testing nightly builds, reporting test failures to the
appropriate places, and co-ordinating test days for oVirt?

While the group is finding its feet I would encourage you to start with
a wiki page listing the people committed to helping, and use the Users
list to keep activity here. Use a special QE tag in the subject ([qe],
perhaps) but stay here until there is sufficient activity to spin off a
separate mailing list.

Otherwise, I fear that the group will have trouble taking off, and will
not get the community attention & participation it deserves.

What do you think?

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13