[Users] Starting VM Error

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 2 13:41:41 UTC 2013

Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 01, 2013 at 08:41:24PM +0200, Joop wrote:
>
>> Shaun Glass wrote:
>>
>>> Good Day All,
>>>
>>> I am running the latest version of oVirt for Fedora 18 (3.2.2)
>>>
>>> I have re-installed just in case but still get this error below :
>>>
>>> VM freenas is down. Exit message: internal error process exited
>>> while connecting to monitor: ((null):3390): Spice-Warning **:
>>> reds.c:3247:reds_init_ssl: Could not use private key file
>>> qemu-kvm: failed to initialize spice server .
>>>

>> Got the same error on one of my hosts which I incidentally I just
>> upgraded and before the upgrade it did work. On my other hosts which
>> isn't upgraded yet I can still start VMs. The differences are
>> minimal but either libvirt of qemu is probably having a problem.
>> Reinstalling will give you the latest packages WITH the problem so
>> that won't help.
>> I'll try to add logs tomorrow.
>>

> Please include qemu logs from /var/log/libvirt/qemu/<vmname>.log, and
> the qemu/libvirt versions on the working setup and the failing one.

OK, here come the logs.
Logs and packages might seem strange at first but don't worry to much
about that. The *working* files are from a rather standard install of
F18 and the *nonw* are from a F18 install which used to be a allinone
but has been 'converted' to an engine/host, thats why it has a quite a
few more packages. This worked until I did yum update!
Can't go back because yum downgrade will go back to the base packages
and there are requirements because of other packages and thus won't work.

Regards,

Joop