[Users] oVirt 3.3 Release Go/No-Go Meeting Minutes

Ofer Schreiber oschreib at redhat.com
Tue Sep 3 14:24:52 UTC 2013

Minutes:        http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2013/ovirt.2013-09-03-13.08.html
Minutes (text): http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2013/ovirt.2013-09-03-13.08.txt
Log:            http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2013/ovirt.2013-09-03-13.08.log.html

==================================
#ovirt: oVirt 3.3 Release go/no-go
==================================

Meeting started by oschreib at 13:08:21 UTC. The full logs are available
at http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2013/ovirt.2013-09-03-13.08.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Agenda and roll call  (oschreib, 13:08:37)
  * Open issues from last week  (oschreib, 13:08:52)
  * blocker review  (oschreib, 13:09:04)
  * release communication  (oschreib, 13:09:30)

* open issues  (oschreib, 13:11:32)
  * ACTION: mburns to add the spice-html rpm to el6 build  (oschreib,
    13:15:54)
  * ACTION: mburns and oschreib to get new SDK build  (oschreib,
    13:18:03)

* Release blockers  (oschreib, 13:18:17)
  * All-In-One is broken due to missing ovirt-engine-sdk-python build
    (oschreib, 13:28:21)
  * el6 is broken due to missing spice-html build  (oschreib, 13:28:41)
  * new ovirt-engine-sdk-python is needed before we can release
    (oschreib, 13:47:57)
  * ACTION: jhernand to test AIO once we have such build  (oschreib,
    13:48:10)
  * ACTION: oschreib to get a new build from mpastern asap  (oschreib,
    13:48:50)
  * no other blockers from 3.3 tracker  (oschreib, 13:50:07)

* decision  (oschreib, 13:50:20)
  * agreed to release tomorrow one AIO works  (oschreib, 13:57:49)

* release communication  (oschreib, 13:58:06)
  * rebuild of engine and sdk today  (mburns, 14:06:36)
  * ACTION: oschreib to update mburns with location of new rpms
    (mburns, 14:06:53)
  * new engine is rpm version change only (remove rc2)  (mburns,
    14:07:04)
  * ACTION: mburns to upload new sdk and engine to stable location
    (mburns, 14:07:23)
  * ACTION: mburns to get everything prepped for 3.3 release on Monday
    9-Sep  (mburns, 14:07:35)
  * dneary and others to test AIO install today and next couple days
    (mburns, 14:07:55)
  * release to go out on Monday  (mburns, 14:08:01)
  * ACTION: mburns to push release live on monday  (mburns, 14:08:12)
  * LINK: http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/18762/ - we had pushed to 3.3
    branch  (sahina, 14:11:10)
  * 1 bugfix included in engine build  (mburns, 14:12:49)
  * related to gluster-only mode installation of engine  (mburns,
    14:13:00)

Meeting ended at 14:13:54 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* mburns to add the spice-html rpm to el6 build
* mburns and oschreib to get new SDK build
* jhernand to test AIO once we have such build
* oschreib to get a new build from mpastern asap
* oschreib to update mburns with location of new rpms
* mburns to upload new sdk and engine to stable location
* mburns to get everything prepped for 3.3 release on Monday 9-Sep
* mburns to push release live on monday

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* jhernand
  * jhernand to test AIO once we have such build
* mburns
  * mburns to add the spice-html rpm to el6 build
  * mburns and oschreib to get new SDK build
  * oschreib to update mburns with location of new rpms
  * mburns to upload new sdk and engine to stable location
  * mburns to get everything prepped for 3.3 release on Monday 9-Sep
  * mburns to push release live on monday
* oschreib
  * mburns and oschreib to get new SDK build
  * oschreib to get a new build from mpastern asap
  * oschreib to update mburns with location of new rpms

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* oschreib (102)
* mburns (44)