[Users] so, what do you want next in oVirt?

Jakub Bittner j.bittner at nbu.cz
Wed Sep 4 12:40:29 UTC 2013

Dne 4.9.2013 12:32, Zhou Zheng Sheng napsal(a):
> Hi all,
>
> on 2013/09/04 16:10, Itamar Heim wrote:

>>> Ubuntu packaging scripts are already in oVirt guest agent upstream. I
>>> can build the package and put it to launchpad.net under my PPA. Once
>>> it's ready I'll reply this mail again, then you can use apt-get to
>>> install it. I think we can also setup an Ubuntu repository on ovirt.org
>>> for the users. I'm now working on VDSM packaging, in a near future we
>>> will have to find a place to host all the .deb packages. My PPA is just
>>> a temporary place, ovirt.org is a better place.
>> great - highly appreciated.
>>
> I've submitted ovirt-guest-agent to launchpad.net. This is how you can
> install it for a Ubuntu 1304(raring) guest.
>
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:zhshzhou/vdsm-ubuntu
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get install ovirt-guest-agent
>
> After install, the ovirt-guest-agent daemon is automatically started.
> You can also control it using initctl start/status/stop. It If you have
> any problems, search /var/log/ovirt-guest-agent/ovirt-guest-agent.log
> for the clue. Feedback is welcome!

Hi Zhou Zheng Sheng,

would it be possible to create package (and repository on ppa) for
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and for Debian Wheezy? I tried raring packages in
precise(LTS), I can install it with no problem, start it, But it does
not show anything in oVirt VM screen. Here is the log:

http://paste.fedoraproject.org/36992/

Information from RHEL guests works well.

Thank you.