[Users] NFS troubleshooting page

Markus Stockhausen stockhausen at collogia.de
Mon Sep 9 10:53:52 UTC 2013

Hello,

although it helps nobody I just want to leave the information that
my first two weeks with ovirt were horrible. That said I'm still
confident that I will able to get it all managed.

For know I have some addition to the NFS troubleshooting wiki
that could be helpful for others. My wiki account request is still
pending so maybe someone with access could expand the page.

NFS mounts on the hypervisor hosts (at least Fedora 19) use the
option rsize=1M,wsize=1M by default. If the NFS servers maximum
tcp window memory settings are less or equal than 1M the
connections to NFS data/ISO domains may stall from time to time.

Raising the TCP kernel settings on NFS server side to

net.ipv4.tcp_mem = 4096 65536 4194304
net.ipv4.tcp_rmem = 4096 65536 4194304
net.ipv4.tcp_wmem = 4096 65536 4194304

helps to get things stable.