[Users] Bridge for logical network

Juan Pablo Lorier jplorier at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 16:39:16 UTC 2013

Hi Moti,

When you say

As long as the bridge is defined on engine side and reported by VDSM you should
be able to assign vms to it.

What do you mean? I can't see bridge interfaces in the engine, it just
shows the fisical nics. Is there a way to force engine to see the bridge?
If I hide one nic, then if the visible one fails, I loose connectivity
even if the other nic in the bridge is active?
If I add both nics to the bridge (the hidden and the visible) and then
by the engine assign the LN to the visible nic, is it going to work? I'm
used to assign the ip address to the bridgen, no to one of the
interfases member as this shouldn't work, and I guess that the engine
will set the ip to the nic not to the bridge as it's what it sees.
Sorry for so many questions, but I want to be sure of what I'm doing
before testing it as I have to work on the production platform.
Regards,