[Users] Bridge for logical network

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Tue Sep 10 21:30:15 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 10:51:45AM -0300, Juan Pablo Lorier wrote:
> Hi Dan and Moti,
>
> Why can't vdsm get the bridge interfase just as it gets the bonds?. Both
> are "virtual" interfaces, so it would be easier to list the bridge as an
> interfase and assign the LN to it.
> If there's no way to do this, I'll try to hide one nic and see what happens.
> Regards,

oVirt supports only a limited set of Linux networking topologies. Partly
because we have only limited resources, and partly because of covering
everything would complicate life to most virt users.

I would love to see an RFE on bugzilla, explaining why this ability is
important to oVirt users. If the suggested vdsm hacks are widely used,
or if someone with interest in this posts patches, it would make sense
to streamline this feature into oVirt.