[Users] Error after disk change virtio -> virtio-scsi

Karli Sjöberg Karli.Sjoberg at slu.se
Thu Sep 12 08:21:51 UTC 2013

tor 2013-09-12 klockan 08:15 +0000 skrev Markus Stockhausen:
Hello,

if I change the type of an existing vm disk from virtio to virtio-scsi
in ovirt-engine webadmin the vm does not boot any longer. That
means qemu cannot start the VM at all. qemu error message is:

"unexpected address type for scsi disk"

This feels like back in 3.1, when you changed type from IDE to VirtIO, you needed to remove the disk (not erasing it completely) and then add it back to the VM again, else it would throw an error like that. Try that and see how it goes.

/Karli

Creating a new disk as virtio-scsi works fine. Does the conversion
process miss some flags or am I doing something forbidden?

Best regards.

Markus

--

Med Vänliga Hälsningar