[Users] single VM disappeared

Roy Golan rgolan at redhat.com
Thu Sep 12 15:11:44 UTC 2013

On 09/12/2013 05:20 PM, Markus Stockhausen wrote:
> [...]
here the emulated machine nullified.
>>> - Machine was stopped
>>> - Restart failed with error in ovirt-engine.log
>>>
>>> Failed creating vm win2k3std_de in vds =
>>> 30b9bd7e-ea05-4910-85a7-f014ba8a8bab :
>>> colovn1 error =
>>> org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.vdsbroker.VDSNetworkException:
>>> org.apache.xmlrpc.common.XmlRpcExtensionException:
>>> Null values aren't supported, if isEnabledForExtensions() == false
>>>
>>> - Without any idea how to solve the error I restarted ovirt-engine
>>> - Now Machine is missing
>>> - Error log reads
>>>
>>> Correlation ID: 2c29cebd, Call Stack: null, Custom
>>> Event ID: -1, Message: Failed to import Vm win2k3std_de to
>>> Data Center Collogia, Cluster Produktion
>>>
>>> I uploaded the engine.log tohttp://pastebin.com/sHspGTgy
>>>
>>> Markus

>> I think thats an emulated machine problem which I'm just takin care of.
>>
>> to check:
>>
>> go to cluster, select your cluster, got to the genral subtab and check
>> what is "emulated machine" value
>> I guess its null. to make it work,
>> 1.take one of your host which belongs to that cluster to maintenance
>> 2.activate it back.
>> 3. check the emulated machine value is set now
>>
>> cause:
>> Bughttps://bugzilla.redhat.com/1004695
>> Editing the cluster nullify the emulated machine value
>>
>> Roy
> Hello,
>
> thanks for helping me through that minefield. Ok here are the results
> when following your guide.
please provide the output of:

psql engine postgres -c "select * from async_tasks;"

> - Emulated machine: pc-1.0
right, you restart the engine so the host already was reactivated so
this is actually expected.
> - maintenance/activate one node of the cluster:
> - Emulated machine is still: pc-1.0
>
> I guess that is nothing you wanted to see.  So I changed the CPU
> type of the cluster and was able to understand what you think of.
> The emulated machine will go blank. After reactivating a node
> the value goes back to pc-1.0
>
> I played with the cluster settings in between and cannot say if the
> value was empty when the error occured. Just in case the emulated
> machine value was empty during restart of ovirt-engine. Did I loose
> the machine because of that?
no this can't lead to that but the restart of ovirt can.

Yair, seems like importVM task is still in the DB after an engine
restart during run VM fail.